2011-08-01

Estee Lauder Pure Color Nail Lacquer 02 Pink Thrill swatch/ review (from 2011)

Estee Lauder either revamped or added a lot of new colors to their Nail Lacquer line in 2011. I've always had a few bottles around from last few season's collections, particularly the limited edition shades. However I've never been that impressed with their french colors or nude pinks etc. They were either a bit frosty and thin and streaky or just plain boring.

I've decided to try a few new shades from the collection. Had to go out to a client last week so I decided to wear this shade which should look more professional with my suits.

#02 Pink Thrill is below: housed in a pretty (and a bit heavy) glass bottle.
You can see #02 pink thrill has an ivory pink base, but with a subtle pink iridescence as well. The iridescence is ultra fine and shows up as a very subtle flash of pink:



The bristle is on the not so dense side, I don't have trouble applying but wish it was denser and wider, because sometimes the brush picks up a big drop but the bristle can't hold the amount, then it tends to drip quickly which means I have to work fast on my nails.


Here it is with 3 coats. I rarely wear 3 coats because it tends to feel a bit goopy and thick and takes longer to dry. However I wanted some opacity with this shade. It is still very slightly translucent with 3 coats but looks like a lovely french pink color. The pink iridescence flash makes a nice twist.



Here the pink iridescence/ flash is picked up a bit more:


On my other hand I tried wearing 2 coats, it's equally pretty:


Below are 3 coats again:




I definitely received compliments on this shade. I was with another colleague and she said she should try more pinks because they look so lovely and clean. Overall 5/5.

The new collection of shades seems to be a lot of glossy and shiny than previous ones I've tried from Estee Lauder. Thumbs up. I got very good wear out of this one too, it's day 4 and my polish is completely in tact.

No comments: