2011-08-02

Origins Ginger Souffle Whipped Body Cream review

I love the Origins Ginger line- it's been around for at least 5-6 years, and is now a staple in the Origins collection.

There are various Ginger items like body lotion, bath lotion, body spray and now the Ginger Souffle.

The Ginger line features a slightly warm ginger scent (without that common sharpness of finger), but predominantly what I think it reminds me of is Coke! Like coke but less sweet. 

I like very mildly scented body creams that's non-cloying and doesn't give me headaches and the Ginger line is one of them. It just smells wonderfully like a winter night cuddling with a warm cup of ginger tea or something.



Comes in a flip top cap, the souffle as you can see if like a whipped cream consistency that is buttery soft.


It spreads easily and carries the scent so gently.


Easily absorbed into the skin.


Overall this leaves my skin mildly hydrated. It's not as moisturising as my other staple body creams (Aveeno Daily moisturising lotion and Kiehls Creme de corp) but I usually just use this a few times a week when I feel like wearing a scented body lotion.

As with all fragrances, whether you like a scent is a personal preference.  I highly recommend the ginger line of scents if you like soft and foody scents that's not too sweet and sickening. It also doesn't have that 'alcohol' after scent with a lot of other fragrances.

Overall 5/5 for me for scent. As a body moisturiser the moisturising property is probably at best a 3.5 or 4.

No comments: