2011-12-16

OPI DS Reflection DS 030 Nail Lacquer polish review/ swatch

Honestly I always surprise myself when I try to clean up my stash...I discovered like literally a whole small box of OPIs I bought earlier but just forgot about! So this week I'll try to swatch more OPIs.

OPI Design Series are like the premium lines from OPI polishes featuring a more unique finish- e.g. holographic, or intensely shimmery. They are identifiable by the silver handle.

I'm reviewing DS Reflection (color code DS 030).

In the bottle it looks like a shimmering red, the shimmers are visibly denser than most other "shimmery" polishes out there. The shimmers are like a soft gold (but being in a red polish means they appear more red gold).



Here are my nail swatches (indoor flash light). It's neutral/ cool toned which means it makes my hands look rather pale. I didn't add a top coat over this but you can see there's a decent gloss. It's not super glossy though- however the shimmers sort of enhance the low-key gloss factor and make it look rather glossy from a distance even without top coat.

It looks more glowy in my picture than in real life.


Once on the hands it's more like a pinky red, it's not pink by any means, but not deep enough to be a true red. I think pic below is more realistic shade indoors. I'm wearing 2 coats. The DS polishes are incredibly pigmented and denser in shimmer which makes application such a dream. It just glides on. (The DS polishes comes with the pro-wide brushes). On the nails the gold shimmers just sort of sparkle. The shimmers are really fine but doesn't quite turn the finish into a sparkly foil finish (e.g. OPI Hollywood blonde).


Here's a picture under the sun (no flash). Sorry for the dry hand, I was doing a lot of housework!
You can see under the sunlight the shimmers actually shine in a sort of slightly blue tinge- I think it reflects differently under different lights.


Overall 4/5. It's sort of pretty and festive for Christmas , but not spectacular.

No comments: