2011-12-24

MAC Sun Rush Lustre Drops Illuminator review/ swatch

MAC Sun Rush Lustre Drops have been released a few times among various collections over the last few years.

Here's the quick review- it's a liquid illuminator in a bronzy gold shimmer. It comes in a small squeeze tube container with a very fine nozzle (which I think is very suitable for this type of product).
 

The color looks darker in the bottle than once applied and evenly blended.

Swatches below, on the left is when it's just lightly blended out and on the right when fully blended. You can see it turns into a beautiful soft golden shimmer, without looking like a dirty bronze (which is the issue I have with most bronzers or bronze illuminators).

The shimmer is rather subtle- it can be applied before or after foundation. I like to mix a bit in with my foundation primers to add an even glow to the skin (once you pat some powder foundation on top it looks really subtle, just naturally glowy and takes away the powery look). I also sometimes dot and blend a few around the cheek areas for highlight and contour.


 Overall it's a nice basic illuminator, not too costly, and comes in a generous size. It is a wearable color even for pale skin girls. It's unscented and feels rather non pore clogging on the skin which is always something I look for in a primer/ base makeup product.

Rating of 4.5/5.

1 comment:

Jamilla Camel said...

I must revisit these - I like that pale girls can wear this, although I am no longer pale at the moment!!