2011-06-29

OPI I'll Take the Cake H24 Nail Polish Swatch/ review


OPI I'll Take the Cake is from the Garden Party collection (which was a collection of pastels and french mani sort of colors). Code is NL H24.

It's one of those safe pastel colors, however whether it looks nice on people or not would probably depend largely on your skintone. I think this shade is a bit cool/neutral toned, it's an ivory white with tiniest tinge of pink (but still mostly ivory) that's not fully opaque or creme, but still see through after 2 coats, in a slightly golden shimmery finish. The gold is quite subtle, does not make it warm toned.



I thought I'd like this color a lot, but once on my nails I wasn't so sure anymore- it might be a bit too cool toned for me. Usually I prefer more pink toned pales or they'd need to be more champagne toned either way.

Overall 3.5/5.

It wears like most OPI, I do think the finish could be streaky or uneven because it's is a bit creamy. Best worn with at least 2 coats.

No comments: