2012-07-23

MAC for Iris Apfel Lipsticks Pink Pigeon Morange Flamingo pictures/ quick review

Here are some of MAC's newish lipsticks from Iris apfel collection.

I have a bunch of lipsticks I haven't got around to swatch, so I thought I should do a few close up pictures for people who are looking for just the lipsticks first.

From left to right is Morange, Flamingo and Pink Pigeon.





From top to bottom is Pink pigeon, Flamingo and Morange.


Corresponding color names/ codes (Never understood how to read these codes).


Morange is quite difficult to pull off since it's almost a neon bright orange. Rather creamy and opaque (given it's an amplified creme finish). Flamingo is a lustre finish and the prettiest of them all, it's a bit of a coral pink on me with decent color payoff.

Pink pigeon is bright magenta- I found it quite hard to pull off again, unless applied really sheerly and topped with a gloss.

Overall would love to see flamingo being brought back as part of a permanent collection- the other two are really a bit too bold colors for me.

No comments: