2011-05-26

Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Conditioning Lip Balm with Tumeric review

Origins x Dr Andrew Weil has a range of products releases steadily since around 2010. I'm not familiar with Dr Weil but do love a few of Origins items.

The Conditioning Lip balm is in a 4g roll up tube, not like a normal chapstick. There's a 'dial' on the bottom you use to twist it up.


It's not a round tube either but sort of oval like. Very simplistic packaging.



Here it is in the tube- doesn't look very pretty at all. It's a yellow lipbalm with a moderate firmness, which makes is really rather 'balmy' but I don't have trouble applying it (not as hard as carmex in the tub).  It's got a light lemon scent which is sort of nice, and not at all irritating.


Swatch on the skin- it leaves a light shine, not ultra shiny type of lipbalm, but it does provide a coat to the lip with 1 or 2 swipes easily.


Rest of the ingredient list, seems the main base is beeswax/ various seed oils and cocoa butter.



I have quite sensitive lips and find this rather non irritating. However it will not cure any active irritation like severely chapped lips. I'm on the fence about whether I'd repurchase- given the RRP is around 15USD which is on the very steep side.

For the texture, product itself alone without considering the price, I would give this 4.5/5. However for 15USD this probably is a 4/5 for me. I still prefer my Yuskin lip cream.

No comments: