2010-11-16

Cosmedicine Medi-morphosis Self-Adjusting Exfoliator review

You know your reviews are lagging behind when you get to finally writing something and realise the product is actually discontinued!

Unfortunately this is it- this is probably my HG facial scrub in 2010.

Cosmedicine is one of those cosme-ceutical brands that doesn't seem to have a huge name anywhere. The medi-morphosis self-adjusting exfoliator is basically just a granular facial scrub.

Comes in a  soft squeeze tube with 100ml or 3.4 fl. oz, retailed for around 30USD or thereabouts.



Closer look at ingredient list and instructions. It says use once or twice a week on wet or dry face. Massage until the crystals seem to disappear and rinse.


Comes sealed initially- just a squeeze tube nozzle.


Here's what it looks like, slightly spreaded out without adding water.

It looks creamy, but if you look closely there are some tiny granules, they are about the size of beach sands.


Adding a little bit of water- you can see the exfoliator does not foam, the granules are extremely gentle (yet quite effective), while the crystals do seem to dissolve a bit, I do not find that it completely dissolves on me? Usually I massage as much as I feel my face needs that exfoliation then rinse off (without actually waiting for all the granules to dissolve) as I feel that is sufficient enough for me.


After rinsing away, I get clean, supple face, not dry and not taught or raw feeling like a lot of physical exfoliants tend to leave my sensitive skin.

I've strayed away from physical exfoliants in 2011 as I had a slight change in skincare regime and plus with age I do feel my once young, acne prone skin is now definitely getting drier and a lot more sensitive.

I still reach for this a few times a month though. Sad to hear it's discontinued because it's nothing like I've experienced with most other physical exfoliators (e.g. Peter Thomas Roth botanical beads, St Ives apricot scrub, Chanel's pink bead scrub (the name escapes me), Origins Modern Friction...
it's not as subtle as the jojoba bead scrubs, yet not as 'harsh' as those crystal scrubs that boost their likeness to microdermabrasion.

Overall 5/5.

No comments: