2009-11-03

Sofina Vital Rich Cream Moist review

Sofina and most other Japanese brands tend to have a revamped skincare line each year, however they are more or less the same as the prior year line, but just added with new ingreidents (whatever's trendy or revolutionary according to the makeup companies each year) and new packaging.

Sofina's 'Vital Rich' line is for mature skin. I only bought this because it was going for a bit of a discount. It's very very rare for me to use a moisturising cream, as I have probably the most irritatingly sensitive skin out there, that tends to breakout whenever the oil to water ratio is not balanced on my skin. So I did not expect to use this at all.

Last winter my skin was in a very angry state, it was very dry and peeling and yet my cheeks had the most horrible irritation bumps that sort of looks like congested skin but all the pimple treatment cream etc does not work on it. I think it was just sensitivity to something!

In desperation I got this, hoping to treat the dehydration before the congestion.

It's a small pot, probably was 25ml or 30ml. It's a velvety, luscious cream. It's not heavy or ultra rich, but it's creamy and light without being runny and unsubstantial looking.



Here it is on the skin, I take a pea sized amount and rub between my palms, then press onto my face. Anyone with irritated sensitive skin (but not dry skin) should try applying their moisturising creams this way. (Instead of rubbing the cream in which tends to sink into pores and irritate the skin, instead of just providing a gentle barrier to lock in moisture and hydration).


I used up the whole pot on and off after about 7 months, not sure if this is still available.

The benefit with sofina line is even if something discontinues, they usually replaced it with something better =) So simply look for one of the sofina moisturising cream in their current mature skin range and you could probably find a replacement easily.

Overall 5/5. This really did keep in the moisture in my skin without causing further irritation. It's very simple and basic. But that's quite rare for most moisturisers on me! (usually they just worsen the congestion).

No comments: